Learn How To Optimize Your Website In The Next 30 Seconds
Want to know how to optimize your website? If yes, here is everything you need to know.
When you optimize your website, the search engine spiders will easily find your website pages and rank them depending on their relevance to the topic searched. So, if your website is properly optimized, your pages will be appearing at the top of the relevant search engine results. However, the optimization process is a recurring process that continuously requires monitoring, testing, tuning, and maintenance.
The following are the steps that you should follow when optimizing your website:
1. Target Market Industry Scrutiny
• Website analysis – involves the analysis of code, content and meta keywords. Here you just need to determine whether everything follows the recommended standards.
• Competitive analysis – involves the scrutiny of keywords in the content as well as the ranking of the other competitive sites publishing similar content. You can use tools like Keywordspy.com and Semrush.com to do the analysis before developing your positioning strategies.
• Intimal keyword nomination – involves creating a list of prioritized search terms that are in line with your market segment and customer base. Find out the common search terms used by customers and note them.
2. Keyword Research and Improvement
• Keyword analysis – involves the identification of phrases and keywords that you want to target. Ensure you check how each keyword is used by the competing websites according to recent searches. You can include misspellings, singulars, plurals, phrases, and keywords that are commonly searched in your prioritized list.
• Baseline ranking evaluation – involves assessing where you are in terms of ranking in order to guesstimate your future rankings. To begin with, keep a simple spreadsheet of weekly or monthly checks. If you see that your web traffic is improving month after month, then your keywords are working.
• Goals and objectives – involves defining your objectives at the beginning of every new program that you implement. That way, you can measure the return on investment (ROI) more accurately. After determining your objective, you target the pages of your website that can improve business, services, and products sales. Your objectives can vary depending on what you are looking for. For example, you can choose to increase web traffic, conversion rate and so on.
3. Content optimization and compliance
• Create page titles – in order to establish keyword direction and page theme, you require titles that are based on the keyword.
• Create meta tags – although the description tags are not utilized by Google to rank pages, the can influence the number of clicks.
• Strategically place some phrases on pages – where you need to integrate specific keywords into your content and code on chosen pages. Ensure your keyword suggestions includes at least one common search term per page. It is prudent to ensure that the keywords are naturally included in the content so that the search engines can quickly determine the gist of the page. Traditionally, 100 to 300 content pieces were the norm but nowadays large content pieces are doing better. According to recent tests, pages with words ranging between 800 and 2,000 are outperforming shorter pieces. In most cases, links, content, marketplace, and users determine the ranking and popularity numbers.
• Come up with new sitemaps for Bing and Google – ensure your website has a structure ideal for search engines so that they can index it better. Develop both the HTML and XML versions of the website with the former coming first. You can use the Bing and Google webmaster tools to submit XML sitemaps.
• Limited directories site submissions – although it is possible to submit URL to the top search engines, professional search marketers don’t do so. However, there is a natural way to get links pointing back your site and it is usually the faster and the better way. Select a couple of directories to submit your site so that indexing is done quicker. Some of the paid directories include Business.com and Yahoo!
4. Nonstop testing and gauging
• Test and measure – after implementing your programs, analyze your web traffic and search engine ranking to determine their effectiveness. Testing may involve performance assessment of each keyword and results changes. Then record all those changes in a spreadsheet or other similar software that you are okay with.
• Maintenance – there is need to continually add and modify your website content and relevant keywords in order to improve ranking and growth continuity. Don’t forget the linking part since it is equally important regardless of whether it is outbound or inbound. And provided the link is relevant to your target market. A content management system can help you manage your content better.